With the weekend a few days away, walking into work on a Wednesday can seem like the most difficult day of the week. Everyone has labeled it has “Hump Day” and the thought of the weekend being so far away travels through everyone’s mind. Here are some tips on how to start making your Wednesday the new Friday!
- Go somewhere special to eat today! You may save your extra special meal for your Friday but why not go and enjoy a little cheat meal to help get you through the week. Or ask a co-worker to go grab lunch at that new deli you both have always wanted to try. It will get you out of the office and will give you something to look forward to. Also, treat yourself to ice cream or some cookies that night when you get home.
- Make your Wednesday a comedy movie night, that way you know you get to do something fun that night, while sharing a few laughs, and catching the latest movie that is out. This will also give you something to talk about when you come into work the next day.
- Stay recharged! Go get some fresh air after work and take a jog outside by the lake or around your neighborhood park.
- De- Clutter your office. Have some spare time? Get yourself organized by cleaning up your desk and get rid of those week old papers that have been sitting on your desk since last week.
- Lastly, treat Wednesday like every other day. Once you get in the habit of not dreading Wednesday, you will slowly treat it just like your Friday. You are two days closer to the weekend than you were on Monday, so stop thinking it has another “Hump Day” and soon Wednesdays will be a breeze!